Precision Devices PDN.2450 - 24" 1000W 8 Ohm
The world’s first commercially available 24" neodymium sub bass transducer!
Designed specifically to provide powerful sub bass frequencies with minimal distortion and power compression. This is the ultimate sub bass solution delivering earth shaking lows. The driver exhibits stunning bass control, handling the lowest notes with extremely high efficiency.
The PDN.2450 offers a fast responsive sound and is an outstanding sub bass driver. Neodymium technology ensures a considerable weight saving over the conventional ceramic transducer making it eminently suitable for touring and fixed installation applications.
At home in horn loaded sub bass systems and also delivering powerful lows in reflex designs the PDN.2450 affords complete flexibility in enclosure design options.
- Heavy duty 24" cast aluminium frame with extra wide flange for increased rigidity
- Sub Woofer
- Field replaceable magnet for touring applications
- 1000W power handling capacity (AES)
- 6" copper voice coil assembly
- Neodymium magnet assembly
- Power compression only 2dB at rated power
- Distortion - 2nd Harmonic < 1 %, 3rd Harmonic < 1 %
- Advanced magnetic assembly incorporating a composite alloy and steel pole piece giving a uniform and stable magnetic field, improving linear excursion and providing an efficient thermal path to dissipate the heat produced by the voice coil.
- A B/L product in excess of 32 T/m for fast accurate lows
- Double suspension system maintaining a pure piston action for the moving mass even when driven with the most complex programme input signals and provides additional durability against the rigours of life on the road
- Nominal Diameter 610 mm / 24"
- Voice Coil Diameter 152 mm / 6.0"
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ω
- Available In 4 Ω/ 8 Ω/ 16 Ω
- Power Rating 1000 w (A.E.S.)
- Peak Power (6dB Crest Factor) 4000 w (A.E.S.)
- Sensitivity (1w / 1m) 98 dB
- Frequency Range 30 Hz - 1 kHz
- Recommended Enclosure Volume 130 - 400 Litres
- Resonance 31.48 Hz
- Voice Coil Winding Depth 30 mm / 1.18"
- Magnet Gap Depth 15 mm / 0.59"
- Flux Density Tesla 1.1 Tesla
- Magnet Material Neodymium
- Voice Coil Material Copper
- Former Material Glass Fibre
- Dust Dome Material Paper
- Suspension Material Dual Fabric
- Cone Surround Material Paper / Fabric
Thiele Small Parameters
- Fs 31.48 Hz
- Re 5.55 Ω
- Qms 14.11
- Qes 0.36
- Qts 0.35
- Le 1.76 mh
- L2 3.69 mh
- R2 11.45 Ω
- Vas 369.15 litres
- Mms 416.49 g
- Sd 2248.01 cm2
- Cms 61.33 µm/N
- BL 35.75 T/m
- Xmax 10.5 mm
- Vd 2.36 litres
- Ref. Efficiency 3.82%
Mounting and Shippinh Information
- Overall Diameter 632 mm
- Width Across Flats 610 mm
- Flange Height 17 mm
- Depth (Excl. Flange) 232 mm
- Magnet Diameter 223 mm
- Chassis Shoulder Diameter 573 mm
- Outer Bolt Circle 6 * M8 on 605mm PCD
- Nett Weight 25.8 Kg / 56.88 lb.
- Shipping Weight 27.8 Kg / 61.29 lb.
|Other Precision Devices products similar to Precision Devices PDN.2450 - 24" 1000W 8 Ohm:||
results for other drivers with similar T-S Parameters to Precision Devices PDN.2450 - 24" 1000W 8 Ohm