Precision Devices PD.1850/2 - 18" 800W 8 Ohm
Designed specifically to provide powerful and accurate bass frequencies with minimal distortion and power compression.
The PD.1850/2 is the optimum choice for top of the range sub bass systems where the ability to take punishment in the most demanding applications is the ultimate selection criterion.
Suitable for sound reinforcement in a variety of enclosure types since it allows enclosure designers considerably more freedom with specialised loading techniques without having to make allowances for physical characteristics or power handling limitations which are typically the result of more traditional designs. Appropriate for applications as diverse as scoop bins, conventional reflex cabinets and horn loaded systems.
- Brand new 18" chassis design
- Heavy duty cast aluminium frame for increased rigidity
- 170 oz ceramic magnet
- Power compression only 1.6dB at rated power *
- Distortion ** 2nd Harmonic < 1 % 3rd Harmonic < 1 %
- Advanced magnetic assembly incorporating a composite alloy and steel pole piece giving a uniform and stable magnetic field, improving linear excursion and providing an efficient thermal path to dissipate the heat produced by the voice coil
- A B/L in excess of 30 T/m for fast accurate lows
- Double suspension system maintaining a pure piston action for the moving mass and provides additional durability against the rigours of life on the road
- Nominal Diameter 460 mm / 18"
- Voice Coil Diameter 127 mm / 5.0"
- Nominal Impedance 8 %u03A9
- Available In 4 %u03A9/ 8 %u03A9/ 16 %u03A9
- Power Rating 800 w (A.E.S.)
- Peak Power (6dB Crest Factor) 3200 w (A.E.S.)
- Sensitivity (1w / 1m) 98 dB
- Frequency Range 35 Hz - 2 kHz
- Recommended Enclosure Volume 90 - 220 Litres
- Resonance 33.15 Hz
- Voice Coil Winding Depth 28 mm / 1.1"
- Magnet Gap Depth 12 mm / 0.47"
- Flux Density Tesla 1.18 Tesla
- Magnet Material Ceramic
- Voice Coil Material Copper
- Former Material Glass Fibre
- Dust Dome Material Paper
- Suspension Material Fabric
- Cone Surround Material Paper / Fabric
Thiele Small Parameters:
- Fs 33.15 Hz
- Re 5.22 %u03A9
- Qms 15.42
- Qes 0.24
- Qts 0.24
- Le 1.33 mh
- L2 2.45 mh
- R2 5.3 %u03A9
- Vas 203.84 litres
- Mms 215.24 g
- Sd 1164.16 cm2
- Cms 107 %uFFFD!mu!m/N
- BL 30.99 T/m
- Xmax 11.05 mm
- Vd 1.28 litres
- Ref. Efficiency 2.88%
Mounting and Shipping Information:
- Overall Diameter 474 mm
- Width Across Flats 459 mm
- Flange Height 14.5 mm
- Depth (Excl. Flange) 175 mm
- Magnet Diameter 280 mm
- Chassis Shoulder Diameter 414.5 mm
- Outer Bolt Circle 6 * M8 on 455mm PCD
- Nett Weight 22.8 Kg / 50.26 lb.
- Shipping Weight 26.6 Kg / 58.64 lb.
- Shipping Dimensions: 580mm x 580mm x 250mm
*1 Power compression is the reduction of sensitivity at the specified power. Higher power ratings do not necessarily give a proportionate increase in SPL therefore the maximum SPL of the driver may significantly exceed that of other manufacturers with high power ratings.
** Distortion is measured at 10% of the rated power (AES Standard).
1. AES Standard (35 to 350 Hz) Program 1600 Watts.
2. AES Recommended Practice.
3. Thiele - Small Parameters follow a 800 Watt preconditioning period.
Please note that frequency response measurements are supplied for comparison purposes only and are not a measure of the low frequency performance which may be achievable in a fully optimised system.
|Other Precision Devices products similar to Precision Devices PD.1850/2 - 18" 800W 8 Ohm:||
results for other drivers with similar T-S Parameters to Precision Devices PD.1850/2 - 18" 800W 8 Ohm